Sunday, October 3, 2010

Week 1



So far everything is going really well with little Mr. Luke. Here is what we've learned about Luke so far.
  1. He loves to sleep and doesn't feel the need to do much else. I wake him up about every four hours to eat, but after gracing us with his eyes for a few minutes he is back to sleep.
  2. At night he'll sleep for five hours and he only stops because I wake him up. Hopefully tomorrow at the doctor's we won't find out that he is wasting away to nothing.
  3. He hates to get his diaper changed. He screams like someone is torturing him.
  4. He likes his monkey bouncer seat, but doesn't stay awake for long.
  5. He is very strong. Brad got him to roll over. Twice! Seriously, he rolled from his tummy to his back. Very impressive!
  6. If he is not swaddled very tight he will not sleep in his crib. He moves like a crazy person. He even managed to squirm free of his sleep positioner on the first night!
  7. He is finding his thumb, but does pretty well with his pacifier.
  8. he gets gas sometimes but grandma was always able to pacify him (what do we do now?)
  9. He scrunches up his face when you kiss him (that is his grandpa roberts in him)
  10. He is just adorable in every way!

I loved having my mom here this past week. Because Luke was always sleeping I utilized my mom by running countless errands and just getting much done. I coached my freshman volleyball team (for the last time because I am not allowed to coach anymore while I am on maternity leave :( We also walked the canal, went to costco, the mall, and visited the teachers at school. I met with my long term sub and prepared her for the rest of the semester. She seems very capable and will do a good job. Unfortunatly my students this year are a delight, which makes being away slightly more difficult. Next time I am going to go on maternity leave at the end of the year when the students are at their very worst! But Luke and I are going to have a blast while I am home. I am going to do my best to make use of this time off and not just waste my life watching day time TV! I am just hoping that the weather stay decent for a while so we can take walks every day. We love Luke and love the times when he opens his eyes to look at us.

9 comments:

Jenalee said...

I'm excited to hear how much he weighs tomorrow, and jealous he sleeps so much.

Kat said...

Kim you look great and Luke is absolutely precious. I am so happy for you.

Deb and Chad Crowther said...

Kim...you look amazing! :) I just showed your dad all of your pictures on your blog...he's a very proud g-pa! Little Luke is such a cutie...he's so tiny! I can't believe how fast they grow.

Ryan and Brooke Ross said...

What a cute family! Congratulations again! I can't wait to meet Luke! You look amazing Kim!

Matt and Stacy said...

great stuff out there. He is a pretty cute kid. im sure brad has plenty of extra to help being in dental school and all.-matt

Anonymous said...

So cute love him so much! tHanks for the update

Lindsey said...

Great post! I've been meaning to call you to see how it's going with no mom around. Can't wait to get little luke and max to meet eachother!

I definitely wish Max would take a sleeping lesson from Luke!

Sarah Moeck said...

Did you REALLY just have a baby? You look like you just finished walking down a mountain!! How did you not manage to gain a pound?! So jealous :) But so HAPPY for you! Cant wait till my baby is out of MY belly. But I have a WHILE to go :)

Jenae said...

Congrats new parents. If you're ever needing someone to talk to, I'm usually home too! He's a cutey! When will you be in Utah next so I can see this little guy?