So because I insist on planning things in my life, God likes to remind me that for the most part my plans are just not very important! Luke Foster Stewart decided to come about two and a half weeks early. Tuesday morning I got up for school and got ready and after eating breakfast with Brad, I noticed some bleeding (sorry TMI!) So the doctor directed us to the hospital and said it could be one of two things. One was not good and one was normal, but the doctor decided it was just better to go ahead and induce me. SHOCK! SPUTTER! Wait! um... I still have two weeks to teach! My job was not considered however and I was soon hooked up to some oxytocin and things were under way. They broke my water a few hours later and by 3 I was ready to push. Besides the half hour or so after they broke my water and my epidural was still kicking in, the whole process was very calm. I love epidurals! Just another reason I was not born to be a pioneer! Brad was in awe that I didn't even break a sweat after 2 hours of pushing. It was surreal that in between contractions we were talking with the nurse about school, politics, and whatever. Not what I expected at all! No screaming or panic ever!
Luke was born at 5:33, is 20 1/2 inches long and weighed 7 pounds 6 ounces. Good size for such an early baby! He is just perfect. He has his dad's long toes but other than that just looks like a baby. He so far sleeps a lot and I have to wake him up to eat most of the time. He hates having his diaper changed, but other than that, he's a delight. We took our first outing to the mall last night and he wouldn't even bother opening his eyes. That is why all the pictures are of him sleeping. Sorry, he really does have beautiful eyes!


Going Home

Playing Xbox with Dad ( I have a feeling he is going to be here a lot)
10 comments:
COngrats! He is adorable! I love epidurals too! I loved how unstressful my whole delivery was since I wasn't feeling any pain :) I'm excited for you guys! Enjoy!
Love the x-box picture! Thanks for letting us come see you when he was so new! We just love him already!
Glad to hear his birth was mostly enjoyable for you! That's what it should be all about! He is so sweet! Can't wait to meet him in person, but like I told Jenalee, I'll wait until I'm not sick. You're welcome. :)
I love the xbox picture.. haha. I can't wait to meet him!!!
What a cute little guy!!!! Congrats!!!! Good thing you had him early.....he might've gotten big in there with two weeks left to grow!!!
I was in shock when I found out you had him so early, but glad everything went well! He is such a handsome little man, can't wait to hold him! PLEASE let me know if I can do anything for ya, you're not too far away! :)
I am SOOO glad your labor was easy!! Congrats!!! Adam hopes our baby will sleep as much as yours :) He's worried about getting a screamer.
He is adorable! I love the pictures.. You need to update as much as you can since I can't see him till Christmas :)
HAHA - that x-box picture is amazing! so glad we live so close and get to see him!
Congrats Mamma! We're so happy for you guys. Luke is a cutie...poor little guy doesn't know what awaits him as a member of our crazy family! Ha Ha :) Can't wait to meet him in person...hopefully we'll get to see ya at Christmas. Glad everything went well with the "early" delivery. And just remember that you will get to sleep again one day!
Post a Comment