Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Graduation

I got to go home for graduation and it was so much fun! It was great to get to walk with one of my best friends, Kathryn, on Thursday. We reminisced about freshman year and all of our escapes. It seems like we were just freshmen and then there we were graduating. Time flies! I think I will miss being a student. It is easier to be a delinquent student than to deal with them! Friday I got to swap teaching stories with my English teaching pals. Both graduations were fairly short and refrained from being overly boring, which was just lovely. It was wonderful to get to spend time with my family and friends and I had a busy busy weekend at home. My dad commented that he couldn't wait until I left so they could get back to normal life. My parents, grandparents, and Jared and Lauren all came to support me and I loved having them there to cheer me on. I got to see my roommates (minus Mindy who is in the MTC) for lunch and it was so fun to catch up on everybody's lives. Saturday we celebrated my parents' 50 birthdays and 25 wedding anniversary. The party was a lot of fun and it was so great to see my family. It got a little stressful planning it but they won't turn 50 again so we've paid our dues as children right? Thank goodness Jared married Lauren or we would have fallen apart! Mostly it was a great weekend. Too bad Brad had school, but he will graduate one day too... I hope!


5 comments:

Matt and Stacy said...

You are now officially done! Congrats!

Kim said...

Congrats! And yes...we all hope our husbands graduate one day....*Fingers Crossed*

Jenae said...

Congrats Cuz! When will I ever see you? Will you be at LP this year?

Mandy Stephens said...

Your hair is getting so long! I LOVE IT!

Kellee Marie Cook said...

I love the picture of us 3!! we are basically the cutest EVER.

oh ya, and congrats on graduating.