Thursday, May 21, 2009

Last Day of School

I made it through my first of hopefully many last day of school. It was fun to see the kids, especially the girls, make such a big deal of leaving middle school. There were tears aplenty and it just made me laugh. Most of my students came and asked me to sign their yearbooks, which was weird. I didn't really know what to write. Mostly I just told them to be nice and make good choices. They are cute kids just so so devoid of any perspective. But I guess you would be hard pressed to find a fourteen year old with perspective. I learned a lot teaching this year. I mostly learned about things that I wouldn't and shouldn't do. That's good right? Now I just need a job for next year so my learning doesn't go to waste. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

look at what a good teacher you are..the kids love you!

Lindsey said...

YAY for summer break now right!! We have to hang out next week while the boys are in school. Our pool opens on monday, does yours?

Jenalee said...

You mean you didn't write, "stay cool, have a good summer."!?