Since I am an English teacher I feel I have a duty to share the joy of reading with everybody around me. Right now I have had a lot of time to read so I will tell you my latest reading recommendation. First I recently read The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd. I also saw the movie this past weekend. It is a great read. It follows 14 year old Lily as she runs away from home and finds shelter with three sisters who are bee keepers. She learns secrets about bees and eventually herself along the way. It is a feel good book about self-discovery. The main characters are wonderful! If you don't read the book at least see the movie. The movie does a great job and I wouldn't say that reading the book is better on this one. They are both equally great.
Second I read My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. Wow this is a great read. It is very addicting so make sure you have a lot of time to devote to reading. It explores stem cell research in a very personal way. It brings up a lot of difficult questions, especially since stem cell research is a pressing issue right now. You really can't put this book down, and you will love it even though it makes you think.
Finally I just finished The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch. So so good. Very quick read and you just want to write down all of his amazing advice. It makes you rethink how you are living your life. It makes you grateful and ready to seize the day!
If you have any recommendations let me know because I love to read and love to buy new books!
6 comments:
I also read the last lecture and it was great!
What the..!?! Kimberly you never told me you had a blog!! Shame on you. Thanks for the comment though, it was fun to hear from you. Kimberly I miss you so much! It's weird with you gone. But I'm going to save your blog link so I can keep tabs on you. You need to be watched. Crazy things can happen out in Indiana you know. Much love!!
fun that you have a blog! i love your blonde hair in your wedding pic. you are such a fun girl i am so glad you guys are with us during this long road ahead
Oh Kimberly I'm so glad i found your blog what a surprise. How is everything going? You seem to be doing great.
Hey Hey well its chelsey_duke@hotmail.com, So how is everything going hows Brad, etc?
Thanks for the input, I need to read good books, so keep letting me know what's out there and what you like!
Post a Comment