Friday, October 17, 2008

Fall Festival



Last weekend we drove to Evansville to go to the fall festival. The fall festival is a huge street festival that happens the first week of October every year. Brad hasn't been for six years so he was so excited. His mom sent us a map of all of the food before we went so that Brad could plan his meals. Mostly there was a ton of food! I tried some shredded pork and fries the first night while Brad ate a giant tenderloin. It was 3 times the size of the bun! We also had a deep fried oreo and a deep fried twinki. I will tell you oreos should not be deep fried! So gross. It was an oreo dipped in grease. So gross. We also tried a Monster Ear which is an Indiana specialty. Despite what you may think we didn't just eat. We went on a few rides and played a lot of carnival games. Brad may be one of the cheapest people I know but he has no problem spending money if there is a potential to win a stuffed animal! Who knew? My great accomplishment was winning a goldfish. Yes! I have goldfish again! It was big fun and it was great to spend time with Brad's parents. And I must say fall in Indiana is beautiful.

2 comments:

Jared and Jesse said...

Ew, there are some things that should never be fried...and an oreo is one! It's so good as it is...just leave it alone! Props on trying it!

Kellee Marie Cook said...

mmm.. deep fried.