Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Going to the Chapel...



I am so lucky because I got to fly home twice in less than a month! (too bad airline tickets aren't free...) My two bestest cousins decided to get married three weeks apart! And all before school let out too! Really it was wonderful and I was honored to be a part of their big day. Nicole got married first and the day was chilly but great. The reception was at this really excellent "mormon" bar that serves fancy drinks minus the alcohol. So fun. She looked ravishing and it was fun to sit and chat with Kellee before it was her turn.





Kellee got married three weeks later and I brought Luke home for this one. I was totally nervous about the plane ride with him, but he was a champ! And even though we had to spend the night in Denver, he never fussed a bit. Thanks to my aunt Mary Faith our stay in Denver was great! Kellee's temple ceremony was super, she looked great, and everybody was patiently waiting on the "princess" so we could take pictures when it started to rain. Poor girl! Luckily Kellee and Harold are happy people so they smiled right through it! Her reception that night was in her back yard and while it was chilly, it was still lovely. Luke enjoyed meeting all the family, well enjoyed may be too strong. He has the sullen disposition of his father so he isn't too quick with the smiles. Nicole and I did some conniving and made sure the happy couple rode out in style and again it was fun to hang out with Nicole. Both visits were crazy busy and I felt like there was never enough time, but I am glad I could be out there. I can't wait until I don't have to fly to these events any more!

Finally Luke and I said goodbye to dear Matthew who leaves on his mission to Guatemala next week. Luke loved playing with his uncle Matthew.

2 comments:

Shelby Osmond said...

Cute colors! Your cousins looked so beautiful and you you do too! I'm glad that they got married so that we got to see you. :) I can't believe Mathew left on his mission. SO crazy- good timing however so he could see you before you left.

Malia said...

Truly, in Nicoles pic, I was like...Is Kim even in these pics. I didn't even recognize you! Cutie hair.