Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Indiana State Fair

Last Saturday, Brad and I went to the Indiana State Fair. Brad was extremely excited to see all of the animals. Let me tell you, 4H people are one of a kind! We watched the dog agility competitions, the pig races, and the Belgian Horse Pull. We also got to see the sheep, cows, and giant pigs. Brad was in farm boy heaven! I was just glad there were places to sit at all the animal events! We also, of course, tried out some fantastic fried fair food. We stayed pretty conservative and stuck with the fried dill pickles instead of the fried butter or chocolate covered bacon. It was a lovely day and a grand time was had by all!
Other than making the most of our last few babyless weekends, Brad and I have stayed really busy. Brad has been getting up early to eat breakfast with me because there have been some days that we don't ever see each other! I am loving my classes and my volleyball team. My 8th graders are delightful and we start reading Hunger Games tomorrow, so the rest of my time until baby should be smooth sailing. My one 7th grade class has been slightly more challenging because they need a little more nurturing... They have been testing my patience levels! My volleyball team has some great girls and we may just win a game sometime this season... keep your fingers crossed! Brad is working on getting more patients and is getting more comfortable doing actual dental work. He likes it as long as he is busy with patients. He does a great job! He filled a couple of my cavities this summer! Baby is growing and moving like crazy. He loves to perform for my students by making my belly move like crazy. Brad is thinking 6 weeks is still really far away and I am thinking that 6 weeks has never seemed like a shorter amount of time! Baby room sneak peek later this week... be looking forward to it!

3 comments:

Jenalee said...

Bryce wouldn't let me try the deep fried butter, citing his reason that I would regret it later. He was probably right.

Jared and Lauren said...

Yeah for an update. I can't wait to see the baby room! 6 weeks is not very far away. Good luck!

Matt and Stacy said...

an indiana fair would be the ultimate fair experience. brad looks like he has been before.
-matt