Friday, June 4, 2010

St. Louis

To kick off our summer, Brad and I drove on over to St. Louis. It was about a four hour drive which was about perfect. We of course got a great hotel deal via hotwire. Seriously, for those of you haven't tried hotwire, you need to give it a go. It has never let me down. We had a great time exploring a very interesting city. A great thing about St. Louis is that a lot of the museums and the zoo are free. Be careful though... they'll get you with parking! That was probably our biggest expense while we were there! No wait. Correction. Our biggest expense was food at the Cardinals game. Brad loves the Cardinals and just loves going to baseball games. They make him feel very nostalgic. When he goes to the game he feels the need to get some nachos so he can fully enjoy the experience and I had to get a hotdog and too much money later we have a extremely mediocre dinner! The game was fun. We had good seats and the weather was great. There was a homerun and a crazy man that ran onto the field and was tackled by security so who can complain?

We also went to the zoo, which had a delightful sea lion show. Brad decided that the sea lion trainer has the best job in the entire world. He commented that he wished he saw the show when he was 18 or 19 so that he would have chosen a different career choice. Dentistry just doesn't hold the same appeal as playing with sea lions all day. The only disappointment was that after Brad spent at least 25 minutes picking out a cheetah stuffed animal for our baby we went to the cheetah exhibit and found no cheetah. It took some convincing to keep Brad from taking the cheetah back!

The rest of our trip was spent on a lovely river boat ride, a trip to the arch, shopping, the art museum, the science museum, and swimming. The trip was a delight and a great way to start our last summer as free people since next summer we will be carting around a baby.



This is how pregnant I look at 22 weeks. Brad thinks I just look like I drink too much.

















Oh and Brad is very proud of his beard. He might never give it up!

11 comments:

Kevin, Chelsey, and Boston Pugh said...

holy crap oh look so cute prego. How are you feeling? I can't believe you more than half way. I'm so glad your having a boy. Boys are the best. I hope all is going well looks like you made through school that is so awesome.

Lindsey said...

how fun! and wow that is a full beard brad has now. Looks like you guys did lots of fun stuff and of course i love the prego shot, still teeny tiny!

Lisa said...

Brad I love the beard. I hope that that is not the first thing your child sees. Hey, Hotwire.com is the best internet deal finder out there. we rented a car through them and paid far less than any other site quoted us.-matt

Lisa said...

The comment from Lisa is actually from Matt Serafine

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mandy Stephens said...

Brad I am proud of you. You are a real man now.

Jared and Lauren said...

I love your cute little belly! You finally look pregnant. I hope your feeling better. Looks like you guys had fun on your trip! Travel tons before the baby gets here!

Jessica and Tyler Day said...

Chels, your just bias about boys...my girl will be equally as great as kims boy. Actually, they are going to be boyfriend and girlfriend! and Kim!! Oh my heck, you are so cute pregnant!! You look so little..I feel a lot bigger than you! How are you feeling? When are you coming home again?

Gwen said...

You guys are goofs. You're header made me smile :)

Shelby Osmond said...

Look at that baby bump!!! I love it so cute you look great kimberly, looks like you guys had fun :)

Kanani said...

Kim! I love your little baby traker thing on your blog, its so cute. It's a little to late to think that, haha, you will be a good mom. I stil can't believe you are prego! You look super cute btw. Wish you guys were closer.