Sunday, February 28, 2010

Our life and a lady bug


I haven't updated in a while and you haven't seen pictures of us on here in forever (which might not be a bad thing) so I decided to catch things up. Mostly so I don't feel like a total failure. I have been busy teaching and coaching. My team is doing mostly well, though we have a difficult time finishing our games. I really like the girls and I spend a lot of time at practice laughing at their antics. Coaching is a great release for me and helps me see some promising aspects of 8th graders that I don't always see in the classroom. Which brings me to my dear friend the lady bug. Last week I wasn't feeling so well. At my prep in the morning I drove over to a gas station and bought a sprite. Then comes my 2nd/3rd period class. Everything is going great until near the end of class I notice everybody kind of giggling. I look around suspiciously but then the bell rings. Next class begins and I am taking roll at my desk. I go to take a swig of my barely sipped sprite and notice a friendly little bug has decided to take a swim! Well, you bet I knew how this creature ended up in my drink because, well, 8th graders aren't always the smartest. In my previous class one of my trouble makers... we will call him Bobby... tells me proudly that he just caught a lady bug. So when I saw it in my drink I immediatly got him back to my classroom where he proceeds to tell me it was an accident! So I asked him how a lady bug accidently fell in my bottle of sprite. He has another lame excuse and then tells me that he didn't think I would get mad because I am one of the "cool" teachers. I quickly stifled that rumor! He was suspended for three days and the rest of my laughing class had to write an essay about how not telling someone something is the same as lying. No, they were not happy to put it mildly, and now we are battling... but luckily they are 13 and forget about things real fast. Plus I am the teacher and will always WIN! However, don't think my life as a middle school teacher is all bugs and anger. I am really enjoying teaching and I love the teachers I work with. Everyday is an adventure and Johnny is passing my class, so I feel successful!

Enough about me. What about Brad you ask? Well, I don't see him much because of basketball and young womens. But before you start to feel bad for him just remember that he has Call of Duty and Xbox live. He doesn't miss me at all! He is taking the boards in about 3 weeks so he is spending some quality time with his flash cards. Right now he is tracing pathways in the air as he lays on the couch. So cute. Mostly we spend a lot of time in our sweats sitting next to each other on the couch, but not actually interacting. We still really like each other though and find time to go to Wal-mart or out to eat to spice things up a bit!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim you are so freaking funny!! What a crazy kid to be so daring!! You showed him. And im glad you and brad still like eachother :) YOu are so cute!

Kellee Marie Cook said...

you made all the other kids write essays?!?! you are the mean teacher now! you and your power struggle..
anyways we need to chat soon. I'll call you.