Saturday, January 30, 2010

Haiti

I think everybody has seen the footage and felt a tug at their heart for the poor Haitian people. When I was a junior in high school I had the opportunity to go there and work on an orphanage that my uncle was building. It was an extremely humbling experience. Never before had I realized how truley blessed I was. Many in my family had the chance to go work on the orphanage in Haiti and I have a beautiful little cousin who was adopted from Haiti. So needless to say our family is very connected to Haiti. Now my dad has gone to work there for the next three weeks. He works for the transportation department for the LDS Church. Basically he works with all the trucking for the welfare system. He is now down in the Dominican Republic and Haiti doing the logistics for the Church. He says there is a lot of work to do, but the Church is doing a great work. He is keeping a blog so if you would like to see what the Church is doing feel free to check it out: steveneldonroberts.blogspot.com. He is new to the blog world so don't judge!

3 comments:

Shelby Osmond said...

I thought of you when Haiti happened, I think that is so great that your dad gets to help out and that you guys have had a connection there. Thanks for the post and I'm excited to look at his blog

Jared and Lauren said...

Jared wanted to know who "we" were since he knows Brad doesn't care! Haha he is so literal!

Scott and Jamie said...

I think that's awesome what your dad is doing. Good to hear about the good things the church is doing over there.