Saturday, October 3, 2009

I'm just busy...

So I haven't updated our blog for awhile and I can't believe it is already October! What happened to September? Well, let me tell you what we've been up to.

I have been super busy with school and coaching. It seems like I only get to see Brad on the weekends. I get up go to school and get home just in time to go to bed. Crazy, but I love it. My volleyball team is sometimes good and sometimes horrible, but they are freshmen so I can't expect much else! They are a lot of fun and work hard for me. I made them run a mile with me on Wednesday and I thought they were going to die! They make me laugh all of the time. For example, before one of our first games we were warming up. There was about 5 minutes left before we started the game. One of the girls came over to me and asked "coach, can I eat my sandwich now? I have it in the locker room and I am real hungry!" Well, I promptly told her that warm-up was not a good time to eat and her subway would have to wait. They are learning! We only have about 2 weeks left and then luckily I have a month off before basketball starts.

Brad has been... well I don't know, I don't see him much! Mostly he just goes to school, works in the lab, and has been working on growing his facial hair. Tough life huh? I am thinking about becoming a dental student! He has joined an intramural football team and seems to like it. He is working on finishing his first set of dentures. Any takers? He also suffers through my volleyball games, which is very supportive of him.

I am loving teaching, most days, and can't believe that first quarter ends in two weeks! My students are funny and keep me on my toes. My headache student who seems to never be doing what he is supposed to was actually quietly working in the back of the room the other day. I was surprised and decided to leave well enough alone. Well, at the end of class that day I find that he has cut the worksheet he was supposed to be working on into a heart and has written, "I love you Mrs. Stewart, love Johnny" At least he was quiet right?

Other than that I have been training pitifully for a race in a couple weeks and today I ran a 5k with Lindsey. Brad decided to have a nasty mustache. And my tomatoes finally ripened!

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

it was fun this morning. and wow glad you warned me about brad's mustache! hehe

Kim said...

Brett told me about the mustache....they sure gave Brad a hard time at school :). Too bad you are so busy!!! We miss you at our get togethers (the few that we have had).

Shelby Osmond said...

HAHA oh the joys of being married and never seeing your husband.. i do like his mustache.. not! Sick Brandon also tried to pull one off but it was not good. But it sounds like your life is so busy but hilarious at the same time. Well miss you you kimberly!

Sarah Moeck said...

Yeah for 5K's!! I run mine in November.

Jenae said...

Love the porn stash, sounds like you two are busy, busy!