Sunday, October 25, 2009

Happy Halloween!



Wow! October has flown by! Lots has happened, but I will just focus on one thing for today. I am working with my students on focusing their writing, so I guess I need to do the same. Here is what we have done to celebrate Halloween so far.

Before Brad went to Houston for his fall break we picked and painted pumpkins. It was squeezed in between my practice, dinner, and Brad's football game so we didn't have a whole lot of time. But they turned out okay in the end. Brad's was the better of the two; mine is poison ivy if you can't tell. It was wonderful to see each other for that half hour though.

Yesterday we went to a Halloween party with the other second year LDS students and their wives. Our friends Jenalee and Bryce throw the party every year. She is an elementary school teacher so she always has lots of fun games and contests. The costumes were great this year all around and Brad and I even won a honerable mention award! Go Turtles! It was a fun night only dampened by BYU's loss. But we can't have it all can we?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay for Halloween. That was so fun last night. I loved your costume! Very creative

Jared and Lauren said...

Jared is totally jealous that you guys were the ninja turtles. He is 24 and still obsessed with them!

Lindsey said...

i really like that action pic in your yard! it is super cute.