Thursday, June 18, 2009

Cincinnati


This week we hopped on over to Cincinnati. It is only an hour and a half away so we decided we might as well take a gander. We first went to the Cincinnati Art Museum because we like to feel artsy sometimes and because it was free! I love free things. Art museums take me back to my England days when I felt so cultured. I never knew Brad liked art and such and even the first few times we went to art museums I thought he was faking it to make me happy, but it turns out he really does like art. He even told me I was going too fast through the museum. I thought I was supposed to be the one with culture in this family!
This is the view from our hotel room. Thank you Hotwire!!


After that we went to eat at a place Brad loved going to while growing up (His grandparents lived in Cincinnati) it was kind of a dive but the pancakes were good and I was hungry so I wasn't picky.


That night we went to a Reds game. During the second inning the rain started coming down and the game got delayed. Two hours later the clouds cleared and the game resumed. There weren't very many people who stuck around so we moved from our 7 dollar seats to real good seats along the third base line. way better seats than we could ever afford, or even if we could afford them Brad wouldn't spend that much on tickets! So with seven innings left we had our pick of seats and the weather stayed dry the rest of the night. We ended up getting back to the hotel at about 1 am but it was worth it. On Wednesday we went to King's Island which is a big amusement park in Cincinnati. Brad was nervous because he doesn't enjoy heights but we eased him into it. The day was supposed to be real bad weather so the park wasn't crowded. The roller coasters were amazing and the people watching equally good. Brad was a big boy and went with me on all the rides except the one that takes you up to the top and drops you (ie the rocket for all you lagoon patrons) It's okay though because I was getting hot and if you know me you know I get very cranky when I am hot and there are people touching me! It was a great little trip and we both came home with some nice tan lines. There are so many cool things close to indy that we need to go see before we are out of here for good. (3 years, but who's counting?)

5 comments:

Jenalee said...

Glad you guys had fun! We went to Big Boy too, it wasn't nearly as cool as I remembered from my childhood.

Jared and Lauren said...

Looks like you guys had fun! Have fun in Florida.

Lindsey said...

how fun! I forgot you guys were there. Have fun in Florida next week. And thats so awesome with the baseball seats!

Kellee Marie Cook said...

hey too bad i wasn't around at the theme park to bug you and touch you while you were hot!!! you know you missed that just a little. amusement parks aren't nearly as fun when I am not around to harass you.

admit it.

Kim said...

Yeah.....who's counting????