I got to return to one of my favorite places ever... GIRLS CAMP! I have always loved girls camp so I was stoked when they asked me to go as a leader. It was a little different being a leader but most people thought I was a young woman so it was a lot the same. I was over the third year campers which are 8th graders! Love 8th graders! The girls were great and nicknamed me 22 because everybody kept asking me how old I was. I got to know the girls from my ward better to and really enjoyed hanging out with them at free time. Most of the pictures are with girls in my ward. It rained all of the first day. Like really it rained all day. It never stopped. So we were really muddy and had to wade through a few streams to get to camp, but it was okay. The next few days were beautiful and stayed cool enough to keep the bugs away. We cooked every meal over a fire, which got pretty old. I decided we just should skip some meals because i was so sick of starting fires. Most the food was good but the girls were beginning dutch oven chefs so we had a few burnt meals. We went on a few hikes and went canoeing one day. There was a kickball tournament which my 3rd years won and then a game between the leaders and Youth camp leaders. Let's just say some of the leaders haven't played kick ball in a while. One tried to run straight from 2nd base to home! We stayed really dirty and really stinky which is always delightful. I also got back into shape real quick because our camp was about a mile from the main camp which we had to walk to about 3 times a day. All and all I loved it and can't wait to go again!
3 comments:
I'm glad you had such a good time! I was thinking about you guys on sunday when you were all gone!
Look at you being the "fun" leader. Will it make you mad or sad if I say you look like one of the girls?
I bet these girls love and look up to you! I miss girls camp. See you in less than 2 months!
Post a Comment