Saturday, September 27, 2008

Roller Skating Downtown



Last Friday we decided that we just hadn't seen enough of the city so we strapped on our roller skates and explored. Indianapolis has a great canal walk where people can ride bikes, run, skate, or obviously walk. They even have little paddle boats you can rent to go up and down the canal. Now when I say canal it doesn't mean the kind of canals we are used to in Utah. This canal is roughly the size of the Jordan River and the White river that the canal runs into is huge! They know rivers! Skating was fun, although I haven't been on roller skates in a long time. Unfortunatly the canal walk isn't all smooth sidewalk, but we managed to stay on our feet. I almost face planted when Brad decided we should race down a hill... not a good plan. The city is actually really interesting. There are a lot of little quaint parts that look right out of old movies and then there are the new modern parts and they are all just shoved into one. Very eclectic (vocabulary word for the week).

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

How fun! we have rollerblades and love to that kind of stuff!

Kellee Marie Cook said...

I did this same thing.. except I was in london on blades. miss you cuz.