We are so happy! Brad is now officially a doctor. Last weekend Brad graduated from dental school and we got to celebrate his four years of hard work. Both of our parents were able to come into town for the weekend of graduation. We had a good time taking them to the park and the zoo. Luke loved having lots of attention!. On graduation day we went to an open house at the dental school and Brad showed us where he spent the last four years. I had already seen parts (I was his first filling patient and his last!) , but it was great to see the rest of the school. Then we enjoyed Cheesecake Factory, dropped Luke with a babysitter, and headed to the ceremony. It was a wonderful thing to see Brad receive his hood and walk across the stage. So proud!
 |
| Brad's parents |
 |
| Most of the LDS couples |
 |
| The guys |
 |
| at the graduation party |
 |
| This is all the LDS wives at the graduation party the week before. |
And while I didn't graduate from dental school, I did do something I have wanted to since moving to Indianapolis. I ran the mini-marathon. This is the biggest half-marathon in the country and kicks of the Indy 500. We even got to run around the Speedway track. I decided with my teaching buddy, Jessaca, last summer that we would run it because it would be both of our last year in Indiana. Race day was beautiful, but it got really hot, which slowed me down a bit. My goal was to get under 2 hours. I finished just slower than that at 2:05. I felt great afterward and I am so glad I did it. One day a marathon!
3 comments:
cute yellow skirt! ;)
Kim, your outfits are so cute! Also when you move back we should do a marathon together. Yes!
Yay! So glad he's a doctor! That is so exciting! And congrats on running the half! Thats awesome. Thats actually my goal for this next year! Wahoo!
Post a Comment