40 days came and went and then I hit the moment of truth. Could I really get rid of all those clothes that were still hanging in my closet? Well, no. I decided I could keep the short-sleeved shirts I wear all of the time in the summer, but can't wear in my freezing classroom. Then I gave myself 10 veto shirts that I just couldn't part with. Keeping it down to 10 was very difficult. I did it though. I packed up the 35 shirts that I was getting rid of and drove over to the Goodwill that same day. It was pretty shocking to realize how many clothes I actually had. I could have continued this challenge for another month at least. It felt good to downsize and prioritize. It also made me really appreciate all the clothes and options I really do have. Brad was glad to see a lot of the shirts go. But I am pretty sure he has way more clothes than I do and he could never cut it down to just 40 days worth. All in all I'm glad my closet isn't bursting with clothes I don't love. And now I have all these empty hangers that are looking so lonely...
The clothes that just didn't make the cut
All the sad empty hangers
No comments:
Post a Comment