Well just to finish off our summer we decided to drive over to Nauvoo. It is about 5 hours from us and well worth the drive. We loved it! I had never been and Brad hadn't been in awhile. The temple is beautiful and the city was really fun. It is this quaint little old timey town that seems stuck in the 1900's. So cute. It was also very informative and I found out so much about the early saints. All the tours and shows were so fun and the missionaries do a great job. As we listened to all the early saints' stories I kept telling Brad that there is no way I could have done it. I would have told them forget it. God knew that which is why I am alive now! Those people were amazing and their testimonies had to be even more amazing. When they left the beautiful Nauvoo to head west they waited in line to cross the Mississippi along Parley Street. President Hinkley put a monument in place when the temple was rededicated. Along the road now there are multiple plaques that contain diary entries of people who left Nauvoo that day. It is mind blowing the amount of courage and faith they had to have. Especially when they looked back over their shoulders and saw the beautiful temple that they were leaving. It was a testament to the power of the gospel. Could Brad have been a Brick Mason?
We also ran over to Carthage to see the site of the martyr of Joseph Smith and Hyrum
oh my gosh honey! you two travel more than anyone I know! Way to go for taking advantage of your location, so much to do around there! :) Nauvoo is great, I've been once before and I loved it. Fun pictures.
I like the new layout. Looks like you've gone on a ton of trips this summer but I bet the one you are most excited about is lake powell since you'll be with me!
That is crazy! We were at the Nauvoo temple last Friday. When were you there? We are in Iowa and live about 2 hours from Nauvoo. We are planning on going to the pageant this weekend. That would have been fun to see you guys!
in response to your blog comment.. yes it would be a good book club book! it's a pretty quick read and if your book club is all girls they will love it!
5 comments:
oh my gosh honey! you two travel more than anyone I know! Way to go for taking advantage of your location, so much to do around there! :) Nauvoo is great, I've been once before and I loved it. Fun pictures.
I like the new layout. Looks like you've gone on a ton of trips this summer but I bet the one you are most excited about is lake powell since you'll be with me!
I'm so jealous you guys went to Nauvoo..Jared and I will have to come visit you guys so you can take us there!
That is crazy! We were at the Nauvoo temple last Friday. When were you there? We are in Iowa and live about 2 hours from Nauvoo. We are planning on going to the pageant this weekend. That would have been fun to see you guys!
in response to your blog comment.. yes it would be a good book club book! it's a pretty quick read and if your book club is all girls they will love it!
Post a Comment