
I just finished reading Life of Pi by Yann Martel. This book was so refreshing. Seriously it is like jumping in a crystal clear pond on a hot summer day. It is so different from any other book I have ever read, which makes it so great. It is about a 15 year old boy whose boat sinks in the middle of the ocean. Eventually he ends up surviving for 200+ days on a lifeboat with a tiger. Yeah, it sounds crazy, but as you read you are totally buying it. Of course you can survive on a lifeboat in the middle of the ocean for 200+ days with a tiger. Equally refreshing is the boy's philosophy on life. He love of God and appreciation for the universe really get him through this whole ordeal. I just can't stop raving about this book. It is so interesting and you will learn more about animals than you ever thought you wanted to but it just sucks you right in. I read this in less than a week and just couldn't believe that it was over. It doesn't even feel like reading. Beautiful Beautiful. Please read this book!
2 comments:
It was a bit of a chore, but I did like it. During the book club the bishop's wife and let out a big "ohhhhhhh" when they were talking about an important part we obviously missed! Next, we're reading The Glass Castle. Keep recommending books so when I pick the book club I have something intelligent to pick!
hmm maybe I'll read this book then.. p.s. I changed my blog title face thing.. tell me what you think.. and who knows maybe by the time you get this it might've changed again..
Post a Comment