Sunday, January 6, 2013

Resolutions and book review

After reading The Happiness Project and speaking in church last week about New Year's Resolutions, I decided to make my first ever resolutions.  I read that the more specific and small the resolution, the more likely you are to keep it.  So keeping that advice in mind I made three resolutions:
  1. Brush my teeth every night.  (yeah I know, way gross, but I am just so tired at bed time!)
  2. Kneel down to say my prayers at night.  No more falling asleep mid-prayer.
  3. Send birthday cards.  I was thinking of starting small.  Maybe making 15 cards and sending them.  Maybe next year I'll up my number.

So far so good!

Now on to the second part of this post.  Best books of 2012.  I always have people asking me recommendations for good books. Maybe because I read over 40 books last year.  So here are the best books I read in 2012 in no particular order.

  1. Seraphina
  2. Tiger Lily
  3. Unwholly (sequel to Unwind)
  4. The Paris Wife
  5. The House at Riverton
  6. The Fault in Our Stars
  7. The Happiness Project
  8. Ashfall
  9. The Distant Hours
  10. An Abundance of Kathrines

1 comment:

Jenalee said...

My birthday is April 19th. Can't wait for your card (wink!)

I'm a big fan of making resolutions, and I love to hear other people's too.